Front Desk AgentCountry Inn & Suites - Dubuque, IA, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM is a highly successful international mid-tier lodging chain with more than 480 locations worldwide. Founded in 1987, this innovative lodging concept has locations in North America, Europe, Latin America and India.
Recognized worldwide as one of the most exciting mid-tier lodging concepts, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM has steadily grown its portfolio for more than 20 years in the United States, Canada, Latin America and South Asia. The brand continues to please guests and owners alike with its ability to adapt to different markets, remain flexible with individual developers, achieve consistently high standards in building design and décor, and provide franchisee support excellence.
|Carlson Hotels Worldwide is dedicated to responsible business initiatives focusing on Ethics, Culture, Community and the Environment.|
FRONT DESK AGENT
- Register guests and assigns rooms.
- Welcomes guests with a smile and positive attitude
- Guest-related problem solving within the scope of authority.
- Generates reports for Front Desk, Sales, Engineering, and Housekeeping.
- Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area and the Cupboard (onsite market)
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Hours include weekends and holidays
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to converse in Basic English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Computer experience strongly desired.
- An energetic and pleasant personality.
- High school graduate or equivalent to
- One years’ experience in a service industry, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Pleasant telephone ethics and demeanor.
- High school or equivalent
- service industry: 1 year
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
Email your resume to:
Or, submit your resume in person at:
Country Inn & Suites
1315 Associates Dr
Dubuque, IA 52003