As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for almost 70 years. We currently employ approximately 180 people at our Dubuque, Iowa, headquarters, with an additional 70 people throughout the United States.
Our mission is to meet the specific needs of the marketplace in a unique and progressive manner, and we are committed to excellence and employee growth and development.
We offer career opportunities in sales and acquisitions, account management, project development, customer support, information technology, finance, accounting, clerical support and human resources. We provide a comprehensive benefit package and full-time and part-time flexible schedules, including internships.
Our Higher Education Division is a leader in custom publishing of high quality educational products, services and solutions to the higher education market, including digital solutions and eBooks as well as printed material.
Our PreK-12 Division is a leader in publishing solutions of innovative, hands-on inquiry based solutions for the PreK-12 market.
We also collaborate closely with our related educational technology solutions companies to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs and expectations of today’s students.
For more information, visit Kendall Hunt’s website https://www.kendallhunt.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit to want to learn how to run a business? Is being in the driver's seat with the ability to make decisions that affect YOUR business something that excites you? Start your engines!
At Kendall Hunt Publishing, as an Outside Sales Associate, you are the driver and decision maker. You call and travel to different colleges and universities in your territory to identify business opportunities, interview professors, and persuade author candidates that have what it takes to become Kendall Hunt authors. We want to collaborate with talented educators who teach and administer introductory, higher-enrollment courses to develop more interactive and engaging materials that solve the needs of their students and can make an impact in their college careers.
Who We Are
As a leader in customized educational publishing solutions headquartered in Dubuque, IA, Kendall Hunt Publishing has been privately owned and operated for almost 75 years. With over 8,000 published titles (both print and digital), we are an established, higher education company that offers high quality educational materials, services and solutions to the Higher Education market. We see enormous business opportunity because we know most students don't read traditional 900-page textbooks...unless they're cramming for a test. We develop educational materials that are well designed, interactive, and in line with the educational goals of the author and, in turn, the students. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Visit our website at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
In A Typical Work Week as an Outside Sales Associate, You Will...
- Learn to use our consultative sales processes to acquire new projects/accounts at educational institutions with an annual enrollment of 7,500 students or fewer.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of potential prospects.
- Close business deals every week
- Effectively manage new and revised projects through the developmental process.
- Run meetings to interview and recruit potential college professors to become KH authors.
- Manage your existing titles and relationships with authors/instructors to ensure forecasted sales and profit goals
- Consistently use CRM to ensure that you are organized and successful
Characteristics of Who KH Looks For in Outside Sales Associates
- Competitive, determined, highly organized, and self-motivated.
- A top performer that is used to going above and beyond the minimum expectations.
- Comfortable and disciplined enough to work from your home office (remotely).
- Someone who sees time as a resource that should not be wasted.
- Someone who possesses strong leadership qualities
- A person with a positive "can do" attitude towards life.
- Someone who enjoyed being on a college campus while earning your Bachelor's Degree, because in this position, you'll be spending a lot of time on college campuses in your territory.
- Someone with some consultative sales experience who truly wants a career
- A person who has a willingness to travel. Travel is typically 2 full weeks per month during academic terms.
- Someone who is genuinely intellectually curious
- Extremely professional with a strong business acumen
If what we described matches your background and skills, we'd love to talk to you. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, LTD, 401k and profit sharing, and PTO. All applicants must have a valid driver's license and bachelor's degree. Send your resume and cover letter.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|