Material Flow AssociateFARMTEK, Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Summary: The individual in this position reports to the Lead and Material Flow Coordinator and is responsible for moving finished goods to the correct picking locations immediately after manufacturing in the weld shop. This individual is responsible for picking and loading of Truss and Greenhouse orders and responsible for raw materials entering in the weld shop for accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for moving products and raw materials in the weld shop.
- Reports and records the accuracy of the moving or picking of inventory into the company inventory control system.
- Pick products or assign products to be picked for orders of greenhouse or truss to be completed.
- Count inventory.
- Follow the spec sheets.
- Make inventory move for inventory transactions.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Adhere to all safety or OSHA rules, policies and procedures as it pertain to this position.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures
- Must be forklift certified through company related training
- Ability to operator material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Skilled in material handling techniques
- Some computer experience required and skilled with computer programs in dealing with inventory a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required. One year experience preferred with material handling equipment. Must have communication skills appropriate for the job and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside and outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position. ,
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|